If ever you are a photo lover, surely you have a Sony Xperia 5 full of your vacation photos or memories with your loved ones. It is convenient to keep them on your phone because it allows you to recall good memories at any time. Even so, our cell phones are becoming real digital cameras, and the storage needed to save our ever more detailed photos is essential. Fortunately recently, manufacturers have regularly made the effort to add a slot for an SD card on the Sony Xperia 5. This will allow you to save your photos on this memory card. We will precisely teach you, in this guide, how to capture photos from Sony Xperia 5 on an SD card by default?
In this context, first, we will teach you how to transfer the photos from your Sony Xperia 5 to your SD card, and, secondly, how to configure your SD card as default storage for your Sony Xperia 5 photos
How to transfer photos from Sony Xperia 5 to SD card?
If you ever have internal memory problems with your Sony Xperia 5, you will surely feel slowing down in your use of it. One of the first things to do in our opinion to regain normal use of your smartphone is to move all the photos from your Sony Xperia 5 to your memory card. Provided of course that you have sufficient storage space on it. This will free up space on the internal memory on your smartphone and if you are not sure you want to automatically save your next photos to the SD card of your Sony Xperia 5, this will give you the possibility to continue operating in the same way. . Discover the manipulation to follow below:
- Turn on your file management application: My files / File manager . The name of this folder may be different depending on the version of Android.
- Go to your " SD card “, Create a folder by making a long press, this folder will be used as space in which you will transfer the photos to the internal memory of your Sony Xperia 5.
- Once your destination folder has been created, all you have to do is go back, click on » Internal memory " or " Internal storage " page (in French).
- Once in this folder, you will have to find the location of your photos, they are regularly in folders called " Pictures "/" Photos "/" DCIM “, It's up to you to see what your device has named this folder.
- You will just have to make a long press on the photo folder to transfer to the memory card of your Sony Xperia 5 and click on » Move And select the destination folder you just created on your external storage. If you don't have the option " Move ", Make a simple" Cut and paste Which will have the same result.
If you ever want to free yourself up space by transferring your photos to a pc, discover how to connect your Sony Xperia 5 to a computer.
How to automatically save photos from my Sony Xperia 5 to my memory card?
To finish, we will teach you once this accomplishment how to make sure set your SD card as default storage for photos on your Sony Xperia 5. This procedure is really easy, you just have to implement the following few instructions to change this original setting:
Classic method to configure an SD card as the default location for saving photos from a Sony Xperia 5
- Make sure your SD card is inserted correctly in your Sony Xperia 5.
- Go to your application » Camera " page (in French).
- Open the " Parameters By clicking on the toothed wheel.
- Then on " Storage location " page (in French).
- Now choose the SD card as the default storage.
If you never manage to make this adjustment go to the next part.
Set your SD card as default storage for your Sony Xperia 5
If ever you cannot do the procedure by changing only the storage of the photos, you will have to go to the general settings of your Sony Xperia 5 and set your SD card as the default location for ALL the items saved on your smartphone, here is the procedure:
- Go to » Parameters From your Sony Xperia 5.
- After having checked that your memory card is correctly inserted in your smartphone, go to the »tab Warehousing " page (in French).
- Now click on the 3 small dots at the top right.
- Then on " Storage settings " page (in French).
- Now click on » Format »(Be careful to remove your data to keep before the SD card, because to become the main storage of your Sony Xperia 5 it must be formatted and therefore erased.
That's it all your files and photos will be automatically saved to the memory card of your Sony Xperia 5.
If you are looking for a lot of tutorials to become a master of the Sony Xperia 5, we invite you to explore the other tutorials in the category: Sony Xperia 5.